Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is one of the most effective evidence-based parenting programs in the world. Triple P gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them confidently manage their children’s behavior, promote healthy development and strengthen the parent-child relationship. Triple P is currently used in 25 countries and has been shown to work across cultures, socio-economic groups and in many different kinds of family structures.
Triple P is a positive, strength-based home visiting approach where we view parents as the expert on their child. We work with families to provide opportunities to practice skills and can complete the program in as little as 10 weeks.
Expected Outcomes/Results of Triple P
- Managing child behavior problems
- Preventing future problems before they arise
- Teaching children new behavioral skills
- Providing assessment and intervention
- Promoting children’s development
- Understanding the causes of child behavior problems
- Building a positive parent-child relationship
- Encouraging positive behavior
To learn more about Triple P, call our Family Support Services Director, Tamie Nielsen at 253-226-7503 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.