Tell us a little about your approach to early intervention:
I like to provide early intervention Occupational Therapy Services using a Neurodevelopmental play-based model designed to engage children to move through typical developmental patterns to enhance motor development. Children and parents are motivated by fun play-based activities and are more apt to follow through with strategies when activities are modeled and successful. Parents feel empowered when they are a included as part of their child’s early intervention team.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- A.A., Occupational Therapy Assistant
- B.S. in Occupational Therapy – UPS
- M.A. in Curriculum & Instruction w/ emphasis on Adapted Curriculum -CU
- Additional training include: Certification in Neuro Developmental Treatment in Pediatrics,
- Sensory Integration Trainings, Trained in Transdisciplinary Team Based Model – UW,
- Worked 31 years in the Public School system focusing on Early Childhood
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
- Neuro Developmental Treatment (NDT)
- Sensory Integration (SI)