Educational Background and Degree:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Gonzaga University
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from Gonzaga University
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I believe a trusting and strong therapeutic alliance fosters change. I coach individuals in making personal changes, and I also help families and couples feel more emotionally connected. I employ evidence-based interventions when possible including: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, etc. It is important for me to provide hope to others- hope that their situation can improve. I strive to give them the resources to make this happen.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT)
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus (Behavior, Depression, Anxiety)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in helping others manage symptoms of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and behavioral issues. I assist parents in creating more nurturing and structured relationships with their children. I also work with couples to help them build stronger, more secure trusting relationships.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work with children, adolescents, adults, families, and couples.