Educational Background and Degree:
- Pacific Lutheran University-BA in Psychology 1991
- University of Washington-Certificate-The Long Term Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders- 1993
- Saint Martin University-MA in Counseling Psychology-1996
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I feel very honored to be a part of my clients’ journeys to emotional well being and try to convey that in our first meeting. I strive to establish trust and a sense of safety with all of my clients; enabling us to develop a treatment plan of attainable goals through respectful collaboration using evidenced based approaches.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Mental Health Professional
- Children’s Mental Health Specialist
- Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- CORE Therapist Training for treating Sexual Abuse issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Family Based Therapy (FBT)
- Emotional Brain Training (EBT)
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in working with individuals struggling with eating disorders, body image issues, and disordered eating. I also specialize in working with victims of trauma and abuse.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work with people of all ages (children, adolescents, adults).