Educational Background and Degree:
- University of Washington, 2007
- Master of Social Work
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I believe that effective counseling stems from a positive relationship with my clients combined with the knowledge and ability to provide appropriate treatments. Despite the challenging issues that many of my clients face, my goal is always that by the time therapy is over each client feels like they can confidently manage whatever brought them into my office originally.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Mental Health Professional
- Children’s Mental Health Specialist
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus (Behavior, Depression, Anxiety)
- Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- CORE Therapist Training for treating Sexual Abuse issues
- Trained to provide reunification in child abductions
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in working with survivors of traumatic events, anxiety disorders (OCD, panic, phobias, etc.), and behavioral issues in children.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work with people of all ages (children, adolescents, adults), and have worked frequently with children in the foster care system.