Educational Background and Degree:
- University of Washington, BA in Psychology 2006
- Argosy University, MA in Counseling Psychology
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I believe in supporting the relationship between parent/ caregiver and child. I am passionate about working with my families to foster useful skills that can be used in and out of therapy sessions. I strive to provide my clients with a safe space to reflect and create meaningful goals and resiliency in life.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Mental Health Professional
- Children’s Mental Health Specialist
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus (Behavior, Depression, Anxiety)
- Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Infant Mental Health Specialist ( 0-3 years)
- CORE Therapist Training for treating Sexual Abuse issues
- Incredible Years (IY)
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in working with infants, children and parents in areas of trauma, attachment, anxiety, depression, behaviors and overall mental health concerns within these populations.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work primarily with children and their parents/ caregivers and have specialized experience working within the Latino community. I also have extensive experience working with foster children and their caregivers, immigrant families, and adjudicated youth within the community.