Educational Background and Degree:
- Boise State University 2011
- Master of Social Work
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I believe in establishing a strong therapeutic relationship based on mutual respect, trust and creating a sense of safety as the foundation for therapeutic treatment. I believe that all individuals have the capacity for lasting change. I feel honored to work with individuals and families as are interested in setting treatment goals, utilizing skills and emphasizing strengths in order move toward an increased state of emotional well-being.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Children’s Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Professional
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus (Behavior, Depression, Anxiety)
- Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Adoption Clinical Training (ACT)
- Infant Mental Health Specialist
- PRIDE Foster Parent/Pre Adoption Trainer
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Incredible Years (IY)
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in working with survivors of traumatic events, parenting support, behavioral issues in children and infant mental health.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work with children and teens with various concerns (depression, anxiety, trauma and behavior) and adults who have experienced trauma or anxiety.