Educational Background and Degree:
- Seattle University
- Master of Arts in Community Counseling
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I operate from a client centered perspective where I believe each client knows best about their individual experience and I am there to develop an empathetic safe place to join with them on their journey of life. Since each individual is unique, I utilize an integrative approach to therapy to tailor treatment specific to each client’s needs and goals. Primarily, I structure treatment around Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused, and social justice modalities.
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Mental Health Professional (MHP)
- Children’s Mental Health Specialist (CMHS)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Plus (Behavior, Depression, Anxiety)
- Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- QPR gatekeeper training (suicide prevention)
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I specialize in working with survivors of traumatic events, anxiety, depression and unhealthy relationships.
What specific populations do you work with?
I work primarily with children, adolescents and families. I also enjoy working with adults and couples.