Educational Background and Degree
- MSc. Applied Social Studies, C.Q.S.W. (Professional Social Work Qualification),
- Oxford University, England, 1994 (MSW equivalent)
- Health and Care Professions Council (UK) Registration Number SW100964
- Teaching Certificate, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington, 1987
- B.A. Honors. Psychology and Philosophy, University of Hull, England, 1985
Tell us a little bit about your approach to counseling:
I believe in creating collaborative partnerships with clients to identify and and overcome difficulties. My goal is to offer children and families the tools they need to make changes and reach their goals. I provide evidenced-based intervention whenever possible including: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT).
What qualifications and trainings do you have?
- Advanced Training in Traumatic Stress ISTSS
- CBT for Children and Adolescents OCTC
- Working with survivors of childhood trauma OCTC
Are there areas of practice that you specialize in?
I work with a variety of issues including: trauma for children and adults, anxiety, depression, behavioral issues, parenting challenges, grief and loss, and divorce and separation.
What specific populations do you work with?
I have many years experience of working with the child welfare system. I am committed to supporting families who are are experiencing difficulties that bring them into contact with the child welfare system and who may have had their children placed in out of home care. I also have experience with asylum seeking and refugee families.
English & French